Re: address@hidden: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP input key behaviour design quest

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP input key behaviour design question]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:43:24 +0100

Remember, I am talking about the multi-line soap input field
only now.

> User types in or has autocompleted from list a term:
> =======================
> S Middle ear|      (then hits enter key)
> becomes     ====================
> S Middle ear; |     (then either types more terms or hits tab/enter key)
> becomes  ==================
> S Middle ear;
> O | (Cursor now sitting here wiating for further input)
This sounds reasonable up to here.

> Key                           Action
> -----------------------------------
> TAB                           go down a line
>                               if no ';' after term and term exists
>                               then add ';'
Are you telling me that you want TAB to move to the next line
*inside* the multi-line soap input field ? Would that be to
the same column as in the current line ? Or to the first
character in the next line ? What happens if I am in the last
line of the soap input field ?

Do you want me to post an example of what I am thinking you
tell us to implement ?