[Gnumed-devel] gmBusinessDBObject._xmins_refetch_col_pos

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmBusinessDBObject._xmins_refetch_col_pos
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:00:02 +1100

Karsten, do we really need this?
Why not just insist the last query of _cmds_store_payload return the XMINs with their correct names using the "select...foo as bar..." syntax?

I am now planning to integrate the new gmDemographicRecord.
My proposal:
        - the search text box at the top generates a demo_search event.
[1]
- a listener in business.gmPatient [2] grabs this and runs through the search logic, which will bulk-load a set of gmDemographicRecord.cIdentity objects and pass them to wxpython.gmDemographics via another dispatcher event for display in the top listbox. - when a user doubles-clicks on a line or presses the [to-be-added] Open... button, gmCurrentPatient is called. [with the cIdentity object, to avoid have to re-instantiate it, although I agree it is cleaner to just pass the primary key]

[1] I still belive this generic demographic searching code belongs in gmDemographicRecord [2] there may one day be other sources for this event, such as a smartcard watcher thread

Ian Haywood