Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing GNUMED in DEBIAN

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing GNUMED in DEBIAN
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:24:23 +0100

> I have installed GNUMED by debian packages in
> http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/
> When Typping ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/python gnumed.py a username and
>
> password are required.
> After this The program stops with the follow message:
>
> address@hidden:~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython$ python gnumed.py
You should rather use client/gm-from-cvs.sh.

Then try connecting to the public server at
anubis.homeunix.com first (it's on DSL so not always online).
Use user any-doc, password any-doc, database gnumed.

> ---------------------
> connecting to backend
> Unable to connect to database:
>
> Cannot connect to configuration database with:
>
> [host:port=localhost:5432, db=gnumed-test, user=test-doc, pw=??]
Did you bootstrap your own database locally ? You don't have
to if you use the public server but you can.

Also, I am not sure how up to date the Debian packages are.
That'll get better once we have the CVS tree snapshots up
again soon.