Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:25:32 +1100

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:00, Richard Terry wrote:
> PS:Welcome back to the list!!!! At least we know you are monitoring it.

I am truly getting desperate - the doctor who was supposed to join me in
December was jeopardized by the insane Australian bureaucrazy and probably
will not eventuate, and my other assistant, a lady doctor, will take 10 month
leave for family reasons (to move in temporarily with her grown up children
in Sydney), leaving me the sole doctor on the Dorrigo Plateau for our 3,500+
patients day and night.

Every line of code I write, happens after midnight. I use the mailing lists to
refocus my mind when I am completely sleep deprived and in need of a break
between patients (like now) - total sleep I got the last 72 hrs is 5.5 hrs
and even that interrupted, last night again a pub fight with serious injuries
requiring too much of my attention, and then in again in the morning facing
an overcrowded waiting room ...

Well, next week I am off for 12 days, to Hawaii, speaking on the TPOSCON about
drugref (and a bit about gnumed too). Surprise, surprise, I will announce a
fairly populated and working drugref database which can be downloaded from
the 17th onwards; I have now 2500+ drug interaction records with information
on relevance, 400+ drug information records, and 600+ records re breast
feeding categories, renal and hepatic precautions etc. and *complete*
information on available brands, dosage, strengths etc from Australia, USA,
and Canada. (Only thing missing the 7500+ entries WHO INN list which I
hopefully will get next week)
Next day after I am back from Hawaii, David Chan and Jay Gallagher form OSCAR
arrive in Dorrigo and will join me to finalize a drugref prescription module
etc., Jay will probably stay until it's finished.

Once the RMIT team releases the fully functional  drugref peer review software
suite, we are truly rocking and rolling (and gnumed can prescribe).

Horst