Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:46:51 +0100

> with audit trailing of table updates in gnumed,  what about the use
> of signing with private keys , or other authentication /non-repudiation
> mechanism ?
The intention on my part was to do a clear-text dump (pg_dump)
of the entire database and hash that, send the hashes to
the notary servers and archive the dump along with the hashes
signed by the notary (and the public key thereof).

So, yes, writing code to facilitate that process would be very
welcome. Note that this should be run in the background
without any need for user interaction - it should not be part
of the GnuMed *client*. It could even run entirely on the
server.