[Gnumed-devel] Re: Twiki issues

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Twiki issues
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:26:55 +0100

Hi all,

J Busser wrote:

Carlos, what version of Twiki was installed --- was it 01-Sep-2004 Release (Cairo) ---

Yes, from readme.txt : 'This version is TWiki Release 01-Sep-2004 patched for http://TWiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/SecurityAlertExecuteCommandsWithSearch '

and what installation 'steps" have so far been done?

Twiki files are installed under /var/lib/twiki from recent gentoo ebuild. Mostly owned by apache/nobody and group apache. Apache2 is working right with twiki... Pages can be edited as guest user. Also, GnuMed contents have been restored...

I am guessing there is work to be done if one were to actually follow the referance installation guide.

Sure, please...

For example email may somehow have to be enabled before it is possible for users to create profiles and make changes to the content as anyone other than TwikiGuest.

Email notification is not working although Net:SMPT perl module is installed... So, when registering, the user can not recive its password :(

There are additional things that need to be done, like adding myself and maybe David Grant (if willing) and Thilo and anyone else willing/appropriate to the TWikiAdmin group and uncommenting the ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = TWikiAdminGroup line.

Waiting for your ssh public keys ;) ...

Do we want to preserve TWikiGuest or do we want to revoke it so that people can only make changes after having created their own user profile? ---

I don't know much about twiki, but sounds good allow anonymous reading, and restric editing for registered users...

At http://193.145.44.114/twiki/ along with a few TWiki documents, is a "Note: These pages do not need to be accessible by http. Access http://your.server.com/your-cgi-bin/view/Main/WebHome after you install TWiki"

1. Is it important for someone to disable general read access to this directory?

I don't know, but sounds better try to disable pages not dedicated for public access to read...

2. If so is the documentation linked via the wiki, or should special permissions be needed to directly access these files later? We do need to keep these versions available, because the documentation at the main twiki site will change as they work on new versions.

Don't know again, if you could please give a glance ant tweak it...

Shall we add gnumed to twiki.org's list of installations?
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Main/TWikiInstallation

Why not? ;)

Who should subscribe to twiki-announce security alerts as per http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/TWikiSecurityAlerts I can add myself, and (provided I am not away or indisposed) I can try to quickly notify people of any concerns. My technical ability to respond is, however, limited. Should we have at least 3 people subscribed and among these should at least one be Carlos or Karsten or David or anyone else who has (or is willing to have) the permissions necessary to respond to security alerts?

I'll subscribe (would be important also you, Karsten, David be subscribed..) that list also...

Best regards,
carlos