Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mims Annual Data for gnuMed available

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mims Annual Data for gnuMed available
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:02:44 +0100

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:18:33 +1100
Richard Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> After on-going liason with Margaret Pritchard in MIMS, they have agreed to
> allow us to use the data-structure of the MIMS annual plus an ongoing supply
> of at least 6 month old data (minus the jpgs of all the pills) for
> development and demonstration purposes.
That's great news.
> In effect we can freely put the data onto our site for downloading as long as
> it is the 6 months old.
Does this actually mean that we and everybody else can use and distribute the
data without restriction ? Or is there some disclaimer like "you are allowed to
use but not to sell and change". In other words, do we need/get some license
attached to the data or is this a late christmas present ?

Hilmar