Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:25:53 +0100

> > i) "Big-MIMS/annual" as a "data source" for drugref i.e. to expand
> > its monographs?
> IMHO no, it's (one of many) drug data sources viewable through a browser.
> Horst's drugref API (not the same as the drugref data structure) may
> allow a single browser to view all these datasources.
> IMHO we should still have the prescribing widget/drug browser
> separation, to support mixing of sources , say, a drugref-PBS presciber with
> the
> MIMS browser (which will be the commonest inital config here in AU),
> plus Karsten's totally separate reference browsers.
Given what you say above I should think my "totally separate"
reference browsers should be your "MIMS browser". It could
then develop a generic reference data access API - which
exists in Hilmar's browser and the drugref API already. I
don't propose having browsers above and beyond what you
describe here. Apart from being able to interface proprietary
browsers.

> In the fullness of time, drugref will have its own drug monographs, so
> it can be *both* a reference and run a prescribing widget.
I would have hoped - licensing questions cleared - MIMS would
be a source of monographs for drugref which being imported
into drugref - properly tagged, of course.