Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:38:09 +0100

> Is there any way to get my localhost postgres as the
> database?
Sure. You can go to gnumed/server/bootstrap/ and run
redo-public.sh. That will install the schema that we use for
the public servers.

For that to work you will have to have sufficient rights
in your database, eg the system account you are bootstrapping
under will need to be able to connect as database user
"postgres".

Here is the easy way:

Check out CVS under the system user "postgres". Then
bootstrap.

Here is the proper way:

Create a system account "gm-dbo" dedicated to GnuMed
administration work. Then allow that user to connect as the
database superuser postgres like this:

 (Andreas, are you copying me ?)

in pg_hba.conf have those lines

 local  template1,gnumed   postgres     ident postgres-alias
 local  template1,gnumed   gm-dbo       ident
 local  all                all          md5 (or password or ident, too)

in pg_ident.? have those lines:

 postgres-alias     gm-dbo      postgres
 postgres-alias     postgres    postgres

The bootstrapping process will create a *database* user "gm-dbo"
which will own all the GnuMed database objects.

The bootstrapper currently asks for the gm-dbo password
several times. That will be improved in the next few weeks.