Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:08:18 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Hm, I thought the idea of drugref was to start from
<something> and expand on that ? Eg. I enter the fact that
there is a drug "Ben-u-ron liquid". Someone else adds that
it's from such and such a company while someone else still
enters monograph data about it's Paracetamol constituent. One
such someone could be the MIMS data source, no ? If someone
else then decides that a particular fact in the MIMS-provided
monograph isn't up to current standards anymore they would
edit that fact - which is getting tagged having been edited by
such and such. Is that not how it is supposed to work ? If so
it strikes me that MIMS monographs are as good as any to start
with.

I think Richard has only negotiated a licence to us, gnumed, to use the data
for demonstration. (itself no mean feat),
it's pretty much unthinkable that they would "open-source" the data and let
anyone modify and redistribute it, which is what we need
to put data into drugref.
However, the WHO people *have* appaarently done this, their formulary will be
the core for drugref, in any case it is
more suitable, being generic-based.

Ian