[Gnumed-devel] Re: mail server

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: mail server
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:10:27 +0100

Hi all,

We could try to configure ssmtp  and if not possible consider postfix...
I found some info at: http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/outgoing-only.html

Best regars,
carlos

David Grant wrote:

It doesn't work, but you probably noticed that when you created your username on the wiki. Another method is to get sendmail working, or a program which provides a sendmail command wrapper. I use postfix and it is simple and powerful. We don't need a mail server receiving capability just sending capability. I'll emerge postfix if I get a chance. I noticed you have ssmtp already. I tried sstmp once before, and I couldn't get it to work for me. I might need your help getting postfix to work.