Re: [Gnumed-devel] install problems

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] install problems
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:43:03 +0100

On Sunday 16 January 2005 17:27, Helge wrote:
> >From Sebastian Hilbert:
>
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 14:18, Helge wrote:
> >> I am trying to install GNUMED with Debian 3.0r2, kernel 2.6.9, Python
> >> 2.3. When I run
> >> $python /home/Helge/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gnumed.py
>
> You shouldn't do that. Use  /home/Helge/gnumed/gnumed/client/gm-from-cvs.sh
> instead. It will create a log file with the name gm-from-cvs.log in that
> same directory. Mail this file to the list if you still have problems
>

> Yes I stil have; don't know the password may be?
Which paasword ? You mean you did not supply a password for logging in ?
From the logs I see you are trying to connect to a local database.

If you can please try to connect to one of the public ones:
server : salaam.homeunix.com or anubis.homeunix.com
user: any-doc
password: any-doc

You might need to create a profile for that in the config
file : /home/Helge/.gnumed/gnumed.conf

From the logs I can see you at least once mispelled the login credentials
2005-01-16 17:24:02 [PANIC]
(/home/Helge/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden): database
connection failed: DSN = [::gnumed:any-doc:any-dog], host:port = [0

should be any-doc - not any-dog :-)

I am not the guru here. More people will chip in. Looks to me as you are very
close. Keep trying.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany