Re: [Gnumed-devel] little (wiki) project for non-coders

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] little (wiki) project for non-coders
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:12:49 -0800

At 1:54 AM -0800 1/16/05, David Grant wrote:
J Busser wrote:

As a temporizing measure, David put these under "Other" on the main page. I would propose to move them under a different parent (probably one needs to be created) and to cross-link from the DevelopmentReference page. What name would be suitable?

BootstrapContent?

Let's not forget, they don't see "Other" as a parent. "Other" is just a page which links to those pages. You can go and create BootstrapContent and just add [[MedicalHistory]] and the others to it. Then delete the [[Other]] page. Forgive me if you already knew all this.

the above, I did already know

You just used the word "parent", which isn't technically correct so I wanted to make sure it was clear.

A further clarification could be helpful into the value of (for example) resetting the parent to be a topic to which Liz's content more naturally relates... something like "Clinical batteries" intended to be part of the bootstrap content.

I had seen a TWiki page/plugin/function which permits the parent of a topic to be changed, it must serve a purpose. I surmised it would rewrite the pages to a different "hard" location within the directory tree which I assumed is what is being shown at the page bottoms as "you are here" and IMHO this does have some informational value.