Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Install
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:56:50 +0100

> What's the reason to just *see* the code?
User: Such-and-such breaks when I do foo. I need it to unbreak
      today.
Developer: Get a copy from CVS. It's fixed.

> If I'm a person who
> has trouble to *install* a piece of software,
> why should I like
> to *see* the code instead to evaluate an easy to install software
> first.
Does that imply you are creating debs primarily for people who
are unable to make anything of raw source ? (No, just kidding,
but your statment sounds backwards.)

> It's kind of an academic question, but I lived fine for
> several years without feeling a need to use CVS versions
So have I.

> what about your daily builds BTW???
Oh, they are but glorified random snapshots of the CVS tree
painted in yellow with a little sign up on top saying "I'm
different".