Re: [Gnumed-devel] Initial checking for EMR struct elements editor...

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Initial checking for EMR struct elements editor...
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:21:34 -0800

At 9:47 AM +0100 1/23/05, Karsten Hilbert replied to Ian:
 > The code looks good, but, once again, I'm left confused about the health
 issue-episode conceptual distinction
The best way to look at this is to ignore health issues and
just look at episodes.... For understanding *ignore* health issues

 What does it mean to have any episode other than the latest one "open"?
It means there are two distinct entities worsening the health
of the patient...

 If more than one is open, how to we decide to which one new SOAP notes are
 added?
By using our brain...

Through the summer, we identified many (most?) of how "issues/episodes/encounter(lets)" might work but they still had a few problems, and then Karsten (who had been a main discussant) consulted outside the list and revised his proposal.

I had intended to post a summary but got busy (sorry, wiki & Xmas delays etc)... I get the feeling that once I am off the inpatient rotation (Feb 1), it will still be worth my posting a draft synthesis for revision?