Re: [Gnumed-devel] Collating basic information on GNUmed DB structure

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Collating basic information on GNUmed DB structure
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:47:01 -0800

At 7:18 AM +0100 1/25/05, <address@hidden> wrote:
I want to start out with the reasoning behind the DB structure.... as from what I have seen most of the clinical information is stored as freetext. The only exception is the diagnosis which can be coded too.

Clinical measurements (parts of the physical examination, for example vital signs & potentially other measurements) plus laboratory data are captured and expressed in whichever system(s) have been used, for example a convention developed inside a gnumed site, or a national or international standard system.

Please let me know if you know about any floating informaton pieces about the the DB like http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/developer-manual/db-architecture.html .

Related to the database is the plan of database "services", others might indicate whether, even though it is only partially implemented, it remains correct:
http://gnumed.net/whitepapers/serviceslist.html