Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major r

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major re-think in 2005)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:42:12 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I was going to suggest have a unix socket server interface for persistent objects for the cgi to call,
or simple xmlrpc layer between the cgi and backend.
Just thought apache gives extra flexibility for later configuration, than say simple http server.
(I was going to say , more secure too, but that might be debatable ).

While I am generally very pro-Python I would think leveraging
Apache (via mod_python, perhaps) seems a wise decision. But what
do I know.

Karsten
Need to check mod_python out more closely. I thought it wasn't being
updated recently : but you are right, if it is like the blurb for mod_perl, it
should make recreating backend python objects on each request unnecessary .
mod_python sounds better than using either simple http , simple xmlrpc or
rolling  your own  unix socket server.