Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major r

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major re-think in 2005)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:21:08 +1100

Ian Haywood wrote:

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:53:07PM +1100, catmat wrote:
Ian Haywood wrote
This means you can write the actual web stuff in whatever you like, PHP,
JSP, mod_python, etc., so long as it can talk the RPC protocol we choose for the
middleware layer. XML-RPC is easy, but I always worry about its slowness
(as all data has to be XMLed then unXMLed.)
One problem is the middleware can't cope with more than one user and
more than one concurrently open patient.

This can be fixed by having the web layer  fork off
a new middleware server instance for each login.
The session cookie then needs to be able to identify the middleware server
instance.
either that , or rearrange the backend a bit so the singleton idea
isn't mandatory.