Re: [Gnumed-devel] the sweeping changes

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] the sweeping changes
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:00:04 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
First I was like "Ouch!". Then I was like "Hm, OK?" Now I'm
like "Ah!".
It's a bigger change than I would have liked, I promise I will stick to smaller
patches in future.
However I found I was spending 100% of my limited development time resolving
conflicts in my tree
without writing new stuff, I had to commit sooner or later.

Will have to fine-tune/check a couple files in HorstSpace.
Also, in all actuality occurrences of "demographic_record"
might actually be better named "identity" ??
Yes.
cIdentity might perhaps be moved to gmPerson.py ? Would that
make sense ?
Then what is gmDemographicRecord.py?
IMHO PersonSearcher_SQL should move to gmDemographicRecord.py
My rationale is this: when (if) we ever write an LDAP demographics layer,
gmDemographics.py is what gets re-written, gmPerson.py is the higher
conceptual layer (binding clinical, demographics, docs, etc.) which
stays the same.
Let's see how this pans out ... Conceptually I am pleased.
Wow. ;-)

Ian