Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: What Can I Actually DO With Gnumed Today?

From: Thilo Schuler
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: What Can I Actually DO With Gnumed Today?
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:58:17 +1100

This is very interesting! I have been trying to figure out what GNUmed currently is capable of doing. Karsten's list and Jim's question were helpful.

To reassure, the listed functions all refer to the standard python frontend?
Can the middleware objects do more?
Does Syan's web app use the middleware?

A few days ago I started to investigate these things myself. Beginning at the backend I am trying to understand the GNUmed design to get a picture for what is possible. While doing so I will document my findings in the wiki.

I want to get a little more the hang of the backend (including a script that generates a graphical representation of the schema). The next issue I want to approach is 'API'. What are the basic objects? How can I use them? What can they do?

Why am I doing this: ...see my next post (reply to anticoagulation thread)

-thilo

J Busser wrote:
Here is the text of the question I sent only to Karsten, but which he replied to the list:
"insert/edit not possible".

Maybe I asked the question clumsily. Does the current python code truly lack patient creation and information editing? So for now the only way to get patient information into the database is to bootstrap it?

Is Syan's browser code further ahead in this area?

Karsten,

I took the "October 2004" suffix off your name/date stamp because it seemed incongruent to a "January 2005" report.

I am waiting for a Linux (Debian) desktop from which to try the current Python CVS modules so cannot myself knowingly report more onto that wiki page. But a few things (if correct) would be worth adding:

- insert / find / edit patient demographic information