Re: [Gnumed-devel] cygwin stuff

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] cygwin stuff
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:17:04 +1100

Am I correct in thinking that the above .bat file is important and should be used by anyone using the client under windows (even just to connect to a public server)?

Ian's fix is to rename  the client directory, Gnumed .
Should work ( but probably with a little fiddling).

The difference between unix and windows is that directories are separated
by a different slanted slash, windows absolute paths start with a drive letter colon, and path variables in windows are separated with semi-colon , while in unix it's separated with colons. Windows doesn't have symlinks either (I don't think .lnk files work for directories).

So it should be possible to make a gm-from-cvs.bat from what's in gm-from-cvs.sh