Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: restart tomcat please

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: restart tomcat please
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:18:20 +0100

> Hello Carlos, can you restart tomcat ?
BTW: here is why it's database connection was killed: I needed
to re-bootstrap.

> also , There seems to be a problem with the jdbc postgres driver, maybe
> its a bit old.
> I had to manually do statement.execute("commit;begin") in order to get
> set constraints xxx deferred
> to work .
You may need to turn off auto-commit, perhaps ?

> also , is it possible for a web postgres super user (i.e. like gm-dbo,
> e.g. gm-web ):
It would simply be another GnuMed user with the appropriate
access rights. gm-web sounds good to me.

> the idea is to have
> the same named public users in tomcat-users.xml  (e.g. any-doc, test-doc)
> so if they log in successfully via web authentication ( currently BASIC) ,
> then the web application will change to that user using 'set session
> authorization any-doc'
> prior to executing SQL, and make use of the schema's detailed permission
> setup.
Sounds like a good plan. So you need a GnuMed DB user that can
serve as the connection pool general user from which the
actual user is going to get set, right ? Once we have
clarification I will add that user to the bootstrapping
scripts.