Re: [Gnumed-devel] language for web frontend to python backend

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] language for web frontend to python backend
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:07:48 +0100

> so what if  one more layer of  method calls to the business objects
> are added with xml-rpc ( with session Id as a parameter ) ?
there would be two business objects, actually, one living in
the XML-RPC server, the other living in the local client. The
one in the client would query the one in the server.

IOW, once we implement XML-RPC reachable service servers
functionality of the current business objects will be split
between their remains in the client (little) and their new
counterparts in the XML-RPC server (most of it).

> Can work be started with doing a xml-rpc service ?
Sure, but it is not 0.1. And it is not going to go into the
main tree before 0.1, perhaps even 1.0.

The easiest GnuMed Service to start with (apart from drugs
which is being done already) would likely be "Reference" where
one could query an XML-RPC server for, say, form templates or
ICD/ICPC/LOINC/ATC/... codes. The official ones, that is, not
site-local variants.