Re: [Gnumed-devel] test web app to try out

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] test web app to try out
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:10:53 +1100

Tim Churches wrote:

One technique is to serialise all transactions with the app within a session by giving every interaction a unique number, and then checking for replays of previously issued numbers. Teh probelm then is what to do if you encounter a replayed number. Do you tell the user to stop using teh browser back button (they hate to be told that, and it doesn't work anyway), or do you just process the replayed input on teh assumption that teh user understnds what they are doing (and possibly clobber lots of subsequent updates they made), or what. No right or even good answers. I hate building Web apps... Tim C

thanks, this is the first one I've done , (it's usually fun the first time around).
Seen this happen with gui apps too, e.g. with medication recording;
Do web apps have modal dialogs ? ( you can popup browser windows in mozilla which don't have back buttons).