Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blob" style path results)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:43:38 +0100

> >Therefore results would need to be written into unmatched results *not
> >only* if the patient cannot be uniquely identified, but also if the
> >test_org cannot be identified.
> I disagree here. If the patient matches we should import so it becomes
> available straightaway.
That sounds reasonable, medically. My importer doesn't yet,
though.

> I think it is reasonable to create new test_org (and org) entries based on
> what info in in the results file.
> (labs may mis-spell a patient's name, but if they can't get the their *own*
> name right,
> we have bigger problems than duplicates in test_org ;-)
True.

> I'm lost here, Either 1 of two situations exist:
>       - the results format has enough metadata to allow us to infer (HL7), or
> specifies a priori (?? LDT), what coding system is being used,
No it does not. LDT does not specify a coding system. In fact,
no coding system is even used.

Notice that a test_result code does not have to have a coding
system for it to be imported. Such things can be added at a
convenient time (eg never in a busy practice) !