Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blo

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unmatched [path] results (was tracking status of "blob" style path results)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:52:52 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

No it does not. LDT does not specify a coding system. In fact,
no coding system is even used.
OK. The schema makes more sense now.

Can I propose a super-simple API for data importers:
all importer modules in client/importers define two functions

accept_file (file)

this makes a Python file object, and returns
        - True: I successfully imported this file (unmatched patients don't
mean unsuccessful)
        - False: I don't recognise this format, try another importer
        - exception: I recognise the format, but there is a serious problem
(corrupted file or database error)

and if this is a results format:
manual_match (person, fragment)
        - person is a gmPerson object
        - fragment is the file-fragment of unmatched data saved in
lab_result_unmatched
again, returns True/False/exception as above

Then, Gnumed can respond to file drag'n'drop events (stupidly easy in
wxPython), and try to import it.
(plus a command-line version to run from procmail, fetchmail &c)
If no importer recognises it, we can pop up a dialogue to add it to the docs server as an
"opaque" file.

Ian