[Gnumed-devel] housekeeping_todo (was: unmatched [path] results)

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] housekeeping_todo (was: unmatched [path] results)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:16:30 -0800

At 10:45 AM +0100 2/15/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > Should the fact that a new org needed to be created appear in a log
 file to be written by the importer,
Yes.

 and/or in a table called data_cleanup_tocheck?
housekeeping_todo, perhaps ?

Is it reasonable as a general development / programming convention (for me to add to the DevelopmentGuidelines page) that developers write to this table any reports or issues that will require the maintainers of a gnumed installtion to look after.

What should be the scope of this table?

- records that have been created but which may represent duplicates to check against, and/or whose detail may be partial and attract further information completion?

- other? should we propose that anyone who expands the scope (usage) of this table, add to some notes (maybe a wiki page I can create for the housekeeping todo table)?

Should table entries have a standard descriptor e.g.
- data cleanup or
- new record created in (table name)
- - poss dup (possible duplicate)
- - info may be partial
and if the report pertains to a new record that was created, to the table/record pk?