Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:05:57 -0800

At 7:49 AM +1100 2/17/05, Tim Churches wrote:
Even if the GnuMed project is not seeking funding (apparently it isn't, based on past discussions) ... bear in mind that OSCAR, PrimaCare (from Malaysia), OpenEMR and Care2X are all being deployed in production sites now, and Vista Office will be fairly soon.

The rest have either had public or commercial (enterprise) funding, yes? And though drug ref may not be "funded" (I am not sure), it has had help from OSCAR (and possibly other agencies) which is/are funded.

At this point I am really envying Wikipedia's help by Google if that goes through. GnuMed surely will need more help to be successful... I worry that if it is only/mainly Karsten, Ian, Carlos with bits of Hilmar, Horst, Andreas then by the time a prototype is workable (three to five years) the landscape may have changed dramatically. No doubt in my mind that GnuMed has *got* to be funded, if not directly, then indirectly (as I hope my pilot can help do if only in a small way, like a packet of crackers before a meal :-)).

Have we real disagreement on the point?