Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:46:42 +0100

> 1) Get demographics working (do nothing else until it is) and demonstrate you
> can load a patient.
We can already load a patient.

However, your point is that we can enter and edit a patient,
too. I agree. 0.1.

> 2) Choose an easy section like Family History. Do nothing else until you can
> enter data on the screen, clear the data, save to the list
>       Next save the record to the database, and re-display it, and prove that
> this
> works. Next modify the record, and prove your modifications work. Next delta
> the record and prove that works. Put it back in again and then add a few
> more. When entirely thrashed out do the next section
At least until functional. Then stop. > 0.1

> But everyone works on this - It's no use running off developing other more
> complicated areas until you can do the basics.
I very much agree.

> Eventually even some of your underlying table stuctures are going to have to
> be changed, becuase though theoretically correct, I guarrentee you they will
> not work properly in practice.
That might surely be the case.

> The way I would do it is as thus.
This sounds OK with me. I wonder whether you really have the
preception that I have been doing this very different ?