Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: anyone noticed wiki problems

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: anyone noticed wiki problems
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:30:19 +0100

> >So far the closest info I could find on a "save" problem (maybe
> >pertinent, but I am not sure) is at
> >http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/UnresolvedVarsInURL
> >
> What exactly is the "save" problem?

Saving page edits on pages that seem to be above a certain
threshold of "moderate complexity" takes ages. "Simple" ones
save fine.

I have observed that simple pages that saved quickly switch
(not degrade) to saving slowly when their complexity goes up.
So, it may have to do with a) complexity of the page in
itself, b) the number of stored revisions, or c) the revision
system not scaling up to "complex" pages.

For none of which I have a good explanation.