Re: [Gnumed-devel] sizers as requested -but I'm sure you know this alrea

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] sizers as requested -but I'm sure you know this already
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:58:10 -0500

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:57, Richard Terry wrote:
> So, not rocket science, something any intelligent programmer would
> understand from reading the doc's, but unfortunately not me!!!!!

Just beware of one thing: if you don't remove unused panels from memory and
just hide them, you might incur a huge memory penalty resulting in poor
performance if those panels are associated with memory consuming data
structures.

Otherwise - toldya that sizers are a most elegant feature! You simply tell the
computer what goes where, and let the computer figure out how to size and
place it. Never use absolute coordinates / sizes unless you are 100% sure
that it will look and feel as intended on virtually any screen geometry.

Now all you'll have to do is get the knack of wxGlade, and happily "paint"
your user interfaces in no time, just as with VB. Once you grokked the
concept of sizers, wxGlade is a breeze to use.

Horst