Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clarificaation re 'pretty crappy' mims stuff in Asia

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clarificaation re 'pretty crappy' mims stuff in Asia
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:12:23 +1100

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:54, Richard Terry wrote:
> They may have been involved with hospital software of course, and there may
> be hospital software I'm not aware of, but don't knock their drug and
> interaction data which is top rate.

Their drug database is little else but a brand based compilation of product
information provided by the manufacturers, can't really measure up
contentwise to proper independent and generic databases like AusDI or AMH,
the latter unfortunately still targetting primarily print format, and the
former unfortunately being rather expensive.

Still, a lot more useful than not having anything at the time of prescribing,
hence  most welcome.
Also, their interaction database appears to have picked up a lot in terms of
quality, there is certainly ongoing improvement. I'd only wish they'd provide
independent generic information a la AMH too.

Horst