Re: [Gnumed-devel] guiDemo escaped and running in the wild.

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] guiDemo escaped and running in the wild.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:02:05 +0100

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 07:04, E Dodd wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 March 2005 16:51, Richard Terry wrote:
> > Well, not quite, but Liz has finally managed to get it going on her
> > machine.
> >
> > I managed to talk her through the initial setting up, and then every time
> > the files crashed I was able to pinpoint the line and fix it.
> >
> > Running the demo now shouldn't need either the gnuMed CVS or a working
> > postgres installation.
> >
> > I'd appreciate others trying this in its embryonic stage and sending me
> > screen dumps so I can see what lines up and what doesn't at various
> > screen resolutions.
> >
> > Ignore the code - it is pure crap - none production. Size of zipped file
> > is only about 200k.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > richard
>
> http://www.billiau.net/coffee_break/files/incidentals/gui_demo.tar.gz
I will try it in between patients. Well I don't have wxGTK2.5 installed.
running the demo complains about failure to import image

Will install 2.5 as it comes with Suse 9.2 by default. so does python 2.3.4
I know most people don't run the latest revison of each distro but it shows
that most windows2linux converts will be provided with up2date version of
dependencies.

This might be easy to fix. Will be back later.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany