Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some graphic designs for gnuMed

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some graphic designs for gnuMed
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:06:03 -0800

At 6:07 PM +0100 3/2/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > One of my patients a graphic artist knocked up these designs.
 > Comments?
 > Personally I think they are all fabulous
Agree !!
Personally, I like the top right.
What about the friendly Gnu we already have ?

I also like the idea of preserving the Gnu (say, over what is at gnumed.org) because the Gnu is not OS specific while Tux might be seen to imply Linux & people might incorrectly think Gnumed is for Linux only.

David Grant mentioned the bottom-left. Can we substitute the Gnu for the humanoid figure? Would a stethoscope fit? Are the green bits above the figure meant to be abstract? Dunno if a few of the icons Richard dropped into his demo (or variations thereof) would have merit e.g. a reflex hammer to imply physical exam, a test tube to represent blood / tests / results, maybe something to depict history, all components to represent what goes into Gnumed?