Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:34:38 +1100

Ian Haywood wrote:

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

except except for read access which we don't track at all,
only writes accumulate in the log

I agree just logging reads is pointless, the point is
a system where someone indicates that they "take responsibility"
for a result.
Personally I think its quite mad to be able to take responsibility
for (say) the sodium level but not the potassium, but Karsten has
presented a valid reason (results arriving at different times)
and a sane way of displaying it.

My only remaining gripe is not being able to track faxes and scans,
although I suppose lab_result.fk_med_doc does the job.

what specific sorts of tracking is needed?
What is the workflow for "taking responsibility" ?
I'm wondering if receiving ,(application )acknowledging, displaying results is 0.1 , and
"taking responsibility" would be > 0.1 .