Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: concrete mappings of v2.3 messages onto gnumed me

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: concrete mappings of v2.3 messages onto gnumed measurements.
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:08:49 +0100

> MSH.sending_facility    test_org.fk_org
> MSH.sending_application  test_org.internal_name
sending_application may or may not be useful for
internal_name.

The use for internal_name that I had in mind was this: In
test_org one would name the org by it's full name. Also that
name might be slightly modified locally to better convey the
meaning. Or it may be of arbitrary chosing (eg "the lab we
send all stuff to"). In our LDT files there is a field like
MSH.sending_facility. That field is set by the sending org.
This is not very likely to exactly match test_org.name.
Therefor I introduced test_org.internal_name which can be set
to a string matching the incoming results.

Of course, all this depends on what the importer does. It
could just as well match on something else as fits for your
locale.