GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: J Busser
Subject: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:38:33 -0800

At 10:13 AM +1100 3/6/05, E Dodd wrote:
 > Oh, I was thinking of adding more structure on the *backend*.

 Karsten
Last week Richard and I had a phone conversation about his frustration with
the "adding more structure on the *backend*" and not getting closer to having
this working with the GUI.

I think Karsten is very good about focusing on 0.1 and cannot imagine he plans to spend much (if any time) on the backend on post-0.1 issues until 0.1 is done.

I totally feel for what Richard is wanting to do (I wish I had the skills to help) and I think his biggest frustration is working so much alone while Karsten and Ian *seem* to work on backend and middleware. While I think Ian also works on some GUI stuff it may be unrelated to what Richard is doing.

Maybe there is frustration because Richard would love for what he is doing to be *part* of a 0.1 version whereas others think they can get by for 0.1 with weaker but more-straightforward prototypes?

Maybe if anyone is in any position to contact & ideally collaborate a bit (or a bit more) with Richard privately, about how to connect his evolving GUI up with the ***0.1 middleware***, that could help? I feel it is important, if not in the next few weeks, then at minimum a commitment to try to help at least a *little* with this over April-June. Any possibility of this?