Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:51:36 +1100

J Busser wrote:
Should have said it may be
        /a different client than what Richard is trying to create"
NO!!!
Where do you get this impression?!
Richard's code is not (by his own admission) not suitable for dumping
straight into CVS. My sole aim is getting *his* code cleaned up and connected.
change enhancements. I am just not sure if tracking has any needs that should be designed into the importer from the start.
Importers themselves shouldn't ever need to worry about tracking.
(the results viewer does, but even then doesn't have to in the first instance)

The only exception is importers of binary objects (faxes/scans), which
would need to insert a dummy row into lab_result to ensure they get tracked,
but that's barely a line of code.

Ian