narrowing down 0.1 (was Re: GUI, was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking

From: J Busser
Subject: narrowing down 0.1 (was Re: GUI, was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:33:17 -0800

At 8:08 AM +1100 3/7/05, Ian Haywood wrote:
For 0.1 we should also have IMHO
        - vaccinations (working, and based on Richard's design)
        - notes viewer (working)
        - SOAP entry (? nearly working)
        - docs viewer (working)

And then make a release, with *only* these five modules (currently gnumed loads *23* modules, mostly non-functional)

Is the above based on what list members themselves would first wish to use? Or what people think most needs to demonstrate the potential of gnumed?

I ask because in any surveys of local doctors who lack ANY EMR (they just have appointment scheduling and billing) their first desire would be to have a system to look after
- the filing, organization, storage and retrieval of test results and/or
- prescription (medication) management

The above can be tremendously useful even while a doctor otherwise maintains a paper record. I cannot however see that an EMR in which one enters notes and vaccinations and views scanned documents is much good without being able to handle the labs (unless people are proposing to scan all paper labs into their system, ***even when those are available electronically***?