Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:20:10 -0800

At 3:03 PM +0100 3/6/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > the emr at work, tracking of meds is just a list of current recorded
 medications,
 and we do simple edit, delete, create on the list, and all the
 medication actions
 are recorded as auto-generated text in the narrative, ( probably not as
 action objects , but I'm not sure) . Is this all right for Karsten or
 Jim  ?
Alright with me for the first version. However, the first
version for medication tracking certainly isn't 0.1 either.

I would view any medication functionality in 0.1 as a bonus because the anticoagulation clinic could get by without them in the first iteration. Any such functionality could however make gnumed attractive to another project in British Columbia about which I may write some more in the next week.

Also there is in BC a project looking at the feasibility of improving the information value of our medicare's prescription payment system which is accessible online to doctors and pharmacists but provides nothing but a chronologic display of filled prescriptions. So if a patient gets methadone dispensed daily they will have 420 items (the system retains 14 months' worth) and those will drown the ability to pick out other items to see what the patient got from a walk-in clinic "a few weeks" ago.

I am writing the use case for an improved UI to that system over on my Sandbox and mention in case it could usefully inform any of gnumed's medication functionality:

http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Sandbox/JamesBusserSandbox