[Gnumed-devel] Re: narrowing down 0.1

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: narrowing down 0.1
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:36:22 -0800

At 9:28 PM -0500 3/6/05, Ian Haywood wrote:
On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 02:33:17PM -0800, J Busser wrote:
 At 8:08 AM +1100 3/7/05, Ian Haywood wrote:
 I ask because in any surveys of local doctors who lack ANY EMR (they
 just have appointment scheduling and billing) their first desire
 would be to have a system to look after
 - the filing, organization, storage and retrieval of test results and/or
 - prescription (medication) management
I agree.
However in terms of the programs internal function, demographics and
basic notes entry must be working before we proceed. The others
(vaccs, docs) I mention solely because they work now, or can be
made to work easily.

labs should follow soon after, as much work as been done targetting
German lab data, we need to write our own importers, and extend
the viewer somewhat.

Medications is a *massive* problem, very little planning or coding has
been done.

The above is very helpful. I will wait a bit, in case the views of others will further inform this.

Once wikied, it can better inform the less-technical among new lurkers, as well as any general audience that views the wiki roadmap.