Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:03:01 +1100

J Busser wrote:
>> Fedora Core 2 has both apt and yum. Is there a concise list of packages
>> and installation instructions so I can try out Gnumed and/or Richard's
>> GUI? The install instructions for Debian at
>> http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/DebianInstallers tell
>> me that in order to work out which packages to apt-get, I need to
>> download the *.deb files from
>> http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/ but there aren't
>> any such files at that URL.
>

> As Sebastian pointed out, the debs are in fact under
> http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

But how would someone wishing to see Gnumed know what Sebastian had said?

> I have updated the wiki to reflec this.

I think that is vital.

> PS Andreas had posted some comments earlier on this list (available from
> the archive) that may be of interest to people doing installations:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2005-02/msg00337.html

OK, it turns out to be academic for me anyway, because it seems that
Fedora Core 2 doesn't have dpkg to handle the *.deb files. It does have
apt-get, so if there were a list of packages to feed to that...

Tim C