Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:07:20 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Fine by me. It only loads 23 modules if configured to load
them. No coding needed, just reconfiguration.
Indeed, but the default is to load all 23, this needs to change in the released
version,
either by deleting the broken/experimental plugins after CVS checkout, or
having the loader use
a different default list.
There's a second reason for fiddling with the loader: if we use py2exe to make
a Windows version,
gnumed/client/wxpython/gui isn't a real directory anymore (it's in a ZIP file,
similar to the 'jar' concept in Java).
Please look at gnumed/client/wxpython/gmRichardSpace.py for an alternative load
mechanism that
doesn't rely on modules being real files.

Ian