Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:22:10 -0800

Quoting Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>:

> Optionally the
> importer, as it was updating the status flag of whether any of the
> tests were abnormal, could increment how many test there are to
> review,
Getting the count would be done by the inbox, not by the
importer. The technique is to query the data, not keep a
tally.

> however would get out of sync of the doctor reviewed some but not all.
Why ?

The method you would propose (to have the inbox query the data) would avert
this problem. I was just saying that if it was the importer that had tallied 80
results for a patient into the inbox, that number should be reduced when later
the doctor sets reviewed_by_clinician on some (but not all) results, but then
it would require another step i.e. for the viewer or lab journal to decrement
the inbox.

Is the inbox 0.1 or post 0.1? If "post" I will postpone ideas on how it could
behave. Maybe add "inbox" to post 0.1 (maybe to 0.12 together with test
results?)