Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Misconceptions about scratchpad, inbox,reminders.
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:43:21 +1100

See comments below.

> The *patient* inbox I was thinking about would contain data
> pertinent to that patient, eg in the example of Mr Smith above
> it would contain the unreviewed (perhaps only abnormal) lab
> results in detail.
> Do you *really* want your general doctor inbox to hold all
> unreviewed lab items of all patients? Also, in your first design
> iteration the inbox was part of the clinical screen.

To expand on that I'd personally  like all correspondence such as letters in
my general inbox (as I need it to follow the day to day flow of patients - eg
Joe Blow aged 75 having his knee replacement, so I know that in about 10
days, I 'll have to maybe see him at home, or the laparotomy on Joan found
she had ovarian carcinoma etc ), but only abdnomal reports and results from
things such as Xrays.

The Inbox on the clnical tab within the patients record would hold their
results which have arrived but not yet reviewed which could include both
normal and abnormal. They have to go in here because any doctor besides me
can be accessing the notes and just as I wou;dn't want all his patients stuff
in my general INbox, neither would he want mine.

> > 2) The scratch pad is an informal jotting area - most useful. There are
> > potentially multiple entries here.
>
> Agree.
>
> > 3) At Ian's suggestion I did contemplate merging the Scratchpad with the
> > REcalls/Reminders list (Not the inbox),
>
> I understand (given your above statements).
>
> > but having given it due consideration
> > it is not possible to represent both in the one design, as reminders
> > needs columns, and scratchpad items hence cannot be visibly displayed.
>
> Good point. I agree with you there.
>
> > PS how about more appropriate headers to this mailing list.
>
> a) like what ?

I find it difficult to follow the conversation threads when I have hundreds of
emails, and the content of the email is not reflected in the heading. You
must be better at it than me.

> b) do we even have a way to change them ?

I just re-type a new header when I hit reply and the topic changes a little.