Re: [Gnumed-devel] close-patient (was re: more scratchpad comments)

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] close-patient (was re: more scratchpad comments)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:50:34 -0800

At 9:16 AM +1100 3/11/05, catmat wrote:
J Busser wrote:

it is wise to be able to "park" the system so that instance cannot be re-accessed without a password. Here, if it can be asserted different than a true logoff, it would be desirable to keep the last patient "active".

the os screensaver does this.

Which os, and is it sufficient to rely on this? I would think not. People's machines may have been set to permit "no sleep" areas of the screen, for example the designation of corners where, if the mouse is positioned there (even by accident) the screen saver will not kick in. I think it;s important to have something enabled within the app.