[Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face

From: E Dodd
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:46:52 +1100

there have been statements made about gui design and no linking code, some
were obviously made late at night when tired.

the gui is not just a pretty design; it is an ergonomic work system which
richard has developed over years.
here in Au we are familiar with computerised work flows (for me about 10 years
of using other peoples') and certainly know that some things waste time and
are annoying (eg pop-ups, because you can't access another part of the
program until you deal with the pop-up)

i appreciate that what you see on the demo is just a 'design' and it doesn't
link into the backend - but why demand that *everyone* be *able* to write
code?
Liz
--
One of the large consolations for experiencing anything unpleasant is
the knowledge that one can communicate it.