Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:40:02 +1100

Richard Terry wrote:

Better still, install wxPtyon2.5 and ask me for the last gui-demo (which BTW I've currently stopped working on as there seems little chance of it being implemented,
I missed the post where anyone said that we wouldn't implement it.
I am working on connecting demographics as fast as I can (which,
I agree, is very slow)

I agree with your comments about the sash windows, its a bad idea,
but I'm sure the changeover to using tabs will be straightforward.
Carlos and Karsten just want to get something working out the door first,
which is reasonable.

If Carlos is absolutely fixed on using sashes (I don't think he is) then we can
make it optional.

Strangely, some people have the idea that development will somehow stop when we
reach
0.1. In fact, it won't even slow down, we will progress to a full & correct
implementation
of your client, but its going to take a long time.

Ian