Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:54:50 +0100

On Monday 14 March 2005 08:40, Ian Haywood wrote:
> Richard Terry wrote:
> > Better still, install wxPtyon2.5 and ask me for the last  gui-demo (which
> > BTW I've currently stopped working on as there seems little chance of it
> > being implemented,
I start feeling stupid. Can anyone guess why ?

> I missed the post where anyone said that we wouldn't implement it.
> I am working on connecting demographics as fast as I can (which,
> I agree, is very slow)
I missed that one two because IMHO it does not exist.

> Strangely, some people have the idea that development will somehow stop
> when we reach 0.1.
Thank you so much for those word. Maybe I will put them in the Wiki :-)
Why is evryone so obsessed with version zero point 1. It is a first release.
It will be the *base* for further development.

If there is one more post like my GUI is not appreciated or
those stupid developer won't do what I want or
everyone is expected to be a coder

I will forever shut up and you will see where you get then. You see despite me
normally being a calm person I am quite pissed right now. Maybe not a good
quality for a release manager. But I am coordinting the release. That means I
coordinate what goes in zero point one and what not.

I just had an idea. I will change my signature. It will read:
show me the code and talk is cheap.

Yeah I do realize I am provocative... :-)

> In fact, it won't even slow down, we will progress to a
> full & correct implementation of your client,
Absolutely

> but its going to take a long
> time.
Maybe to long for some people. I need to find the one with the ship building
again and put it in the Wiki.

> Ian
Ian, Tim,

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your comments. I started to feel stupid.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany