[Gnumed-devel] binary packages / GUI installers

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] binary packages / GUI installers
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:19:22 +0100

Hi all,

Its time to start a topic again that hasn't been discussed for a while.
I asked that before but will ask it again.

Is there anyone on this list who doesn't feel like coding but manages Windows
very well so he or she might be able to create binary installers for Gnumed ?

It is really not that difficult if you use NSIS (nsis.sf.net)
If you are home on Linux and still want to build Windows packages you can
as apparently someone built nsis for Linux

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=210020

which basically creates the installers on Linux.

I volunteer to test any Windows installer you throw at me. But please don't
make it delete my Windows. I am using an image in an emulator so it is safe
but try to avoid it.

I started a wiki page to aid you. Some code for nsis is in the Gnumed CVS
already. If not mail me.

http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/BinaryPackages

Sorry I have not added Mac content yet.

Dominique are you still with us ? Do you care to move/update Mac related
content in the Wiki. There seems to be Mac info in the outdated non-Wiki docs
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/user-manual/installation.html

I would really appreciate that.

On Linux it might be reasonable to look at autopackage (www.autopackage.org).
--